Class Action Claims Recovery (“CAC Recovery”) navigates the complex intricacies of the claims filing process to help businesses in filing class action claims.
Every year, thousands of businesses fail to recover damages incurred because they neglect to file class action claims to receive their share of multi-million and multi-billion dollar class action lawsuit settlements.
In many cases, these businesses are too busy to file the complex forms with supporting documents necessary to receive their class action settlement. Other times, businesses do not know they are eligible to recover damages. CAC Recovery assists in both situations with its proactive approach to upcoming class action lawsuits and expertise in filing and managing class action claims.
Our class action settlement services include:
- Identifying eligible class action claims for businesses
- Reducing your time and costs by performing administrative tasks associated with filing a claim
- Assuring our clients meet claim filing deadlines
- Filing an accurate claim with proper supporting documentation
- Interacting with the Claims Administrator
- Providing updates on claim status
- Resolving Claims Administrator questions on class action claims
- Reviewing the recovery to assure the correct class action settlement amount has been received
Our No-Risk Policy
CAC Recovery provides our class action settlement services based on a contingency fee. We get paid only when you recover, taking on both the workload and the risk. Our clients benefit from increased class action settlements with no out-of-pocket costs.
To learn more about our services or our no-risk policy, contact Class Action Claims Recovery and get started on your recovery process today!
To learn more about the Class Action Claims process, please read the additional information provided below.
What Every Class Member Needs To Know
Before moving to file a claim for your portion of a class action settlement, please be aware of the costs involved in claims recovery, the deadline to file, and the details included in the claim forms.
There can be time and administrative costs in preparing your claim. There are also opportunity costs if you do not make the most of the claim you file. Many Class Members choose to hire a professional to assist them in filing a claim so that they can (1) be assured they are getting the most from their claim, (2) increase the chances their claim will be accepted, and (3) reduce the administrative burden of filing the claim. Claims Filing Services, such as CAC Recovery, are often used by Class Members for claim filing assistance.
CAC Recovery charges nothing up front. Our firm receives a contingency fee based on what the Class Member receives from the settlement.
When you’re a potential Class Member, there are a few important deadlines to know; the Opt-Out Deadline, and the Claims Filing Deadline. Because there can be additional deadlines in claims cases, paying attention to case notices and legal documents is important.
The Opt-Out Deadline is the date by which a Class Member can choose to opt out of a class action suit. Members can choose to opt-out if they do not want to be bound by the Court’s decision in the class action suit. Opting out of a class action suit means that you won’t be a part of the group of people that are involved in the class action lawsuit. This Opt-Out Deadline occurs before the Settlement is approved by the Court. If you do not proactively Opt-Out by the deadline, you are bound by the decisions and resolutions made by the court in the Class Action Settlement.
The Claims Filing Deadline is the date by which you must file a completed claim with the Settlement Administrator in the case. The Settlement Administrator is the entity approved by the court to administer the settlement process including reviewing and processing claim forms along with any required supporting documentation.
CAC Recovery works with you to make sure you meet all required deadlines.
Claim Forms vary in complexity and are uniquely tailored to each Settlement. To make the most of your claim and assure its acceptance by the Settlement Administrator, it is important to file your claim accurately, promptly, and with the proper supporting documentation.
- Accurate – Claims can cover specific activity that occurred over periods of ten years or more. To insure accuracy please include all requested business activity during these periods.
- Prompt – File by the Claims Deadline. Respond to any requests from the Settlement Administrator for additional information within their requested time frames.
- Proper Supporting Documentation – Each case requires supporting documents such as receipts, invoices, or other detailed supporting documentation. Depending on the case, determining what exactly is required, collecting, organizing, and responding to requests for more information from the Settlement Administrator can be time-consuming and burdensome but can result in a successful claim.
CAC Recovery works with you to file your claim accurately, promptly and with the best available supporting documentation.