Eligible Class Members For Illinois State Attorney General LCD Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Settlement:
Any Illinois resident (person or business) that purchased TFT-LCD panel products between January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2006, while residing in Illinois and for their own use and not for resale. Therefore, if you or your business purchased one or more TFT LCD panel products between January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2006 while residing in Illinois, you may recover damages in this lawsuit by filing a claim.
If you resided outside Illinois when you purchased your TFT-LCD panel products you may not recover damages in this lawsuit and will retain any right you may have to sue the Defendants for monetary relief.
Illinois political subdivisions: The Illinois Attorney General has settled potential claims on behalf of Illinois counties, municipalities, townships and other political subdivisions that purchased TFT-LCD panel products between January 1, 1998, and December 31, 2006, for their own use and not for resale. If you are an Illinois county, municipality, township or other political subdivision that purchased TFT-LCD panel products during this time, you may recover damages in this lawsuit by filing a claim.
Illinois state governmental entities: The Illinois Attorney General is also seeking monetary damages on behalf of the State of Illinois, including its state governmental entities. Illinois state governmental entities may not exclude themselves from the lawsuit.
What is an LCD Flat Panel in the Class Action Antitrust Settlement?
TFT-LCD panel products include most notebook computers with color displays, flat screen monitors, TVs referred to as LCD or LED TVs, cell phones, MP3 players and other small-screen devices with high resolution color displays.
Washington State Attorney General’s LCD Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Settlement Case History:
The lawsuit claims that the Defendants conspired to fix, raise, maintain or stabilize prices of TFT-LCD Flat Panels resulting in overcharges to consumers who bought products containing the TFT-LCD Flat Panels. The Defendants deny Plaintiff’s allegations or that indirect purchasers suffered any overcharge. The Court has not yet decided who is right.
Defendants in the Illinois State Attorney General LCD Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Class Action Settlement
The Defendants are manufacturers and/or suppliers of TFT-LCD Flat Panels.
The Settling Defendant companies in the LCD Indirect Antitrust Settlement are:
- Chunghwa Picture Tubes Ltd. (“Chunghwa”)
- Epson Imaging Devices Corp, formerly known as Sanyo Epson Imaging Devices Corporation and Epson Electronics America, Inc. (“Epson”)
- LG Display Co., Ltd. and LG Display America, Inc. (“LG”)
- Hitachi, Ltd., Hitachi Displays, Ltd. and Hitachi Electronic Devices (USA), Inc. (“Hitachi”)
- Chimei Innolux Corp., Chi Mei Optoelectronics USA, Inc. and CMO Japan Co. Ltd. (“Chi Mei”)
- Sharp Corp. and Sharp Electronics Corp. (“Sharp”)
The Non-Settling Defendant companies in the LCD Indirect Settlement are:
- AU Optronics Corp. and AU Optronics Corp. America, Inc. (“AU Optronics”)
- Toshiba Corp., Toshiba Mobile Display Co., Ltd., Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc., and Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (“Toshiba”)
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Samsung Semiconductor, Inc., and Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (“Samsung”)
Our Class Action Settlement Services:
Our class action settlement services include:
- Identifying class action claims where businesses may be eligible to file
- Filing the class action claim with supporting documentation
- Interacting with the class action Claims Administrator
- Providing updates on class action claim settlements status
- Resolving Claims Administrator questions on claims
- Reviewing the recovery to assure the correct compensation claims amount has been received
Our Guarantee: We Get Paid When You Recover – No hidden charges or up-front fees. We provide our class action settlements services based on a contingency fee.
Getting Started is easy! If you represent a business we’ll first have you fill out our ‘Get Started‘ form and a CAC representative will contact you within 24 hours to review your eligibility and walk you through the claims process.