Freight Forwarders Settlement Filling Deadline: 2nd Group of Settlements – *March 31, 2016
Settlement Amount: 2nd Group of Settlements – $197.6 Million
*Now Filing Late Claims for 2nd Group
Am I Eligible for Inclusion in the Freight Forwarders Class Action Settlement?
If you purchased Freight Forwarding services from any of the case Defendants, their affiliates or subsidiaries within the US or outside the US, for shipments into or out of the country, from January 1, 2001 to September 14, 2012, you may be included as a Class Member in one or more Freight Forwarders class action settlement cases. Class Members may be individuals or businesses. Case Defendants, one of their affiliates, subsidiaries, or parent companies, and government entities cannot be a Class Member.
Freight Forwarding Services – Definition:
The definition of Freight Forwarding services is the forwarding, movement, transporting, or logistics services for freight shipments. These services can include the logistics and/or transporting of materials by plane, by ocean on a transport ship, or on land by train or road. Land shipments include national and international forwarding services, as well as customs clearance, ground services, and the warehousing of goods. If the services you purchased through a Freight Forwarding Service include any of the above, you are eligible to participate in the Freight Forwarders class action settlement case.
Settlement Case History – Freight Forwarders:
The Freight Forwarders Case was filed with the Eastern District Court of New York. This case is filed under: Precision Associates, Inc. v. Panalpina World Transport, No. 08-cv-00042 (E.D.N.Y) (JG) (VVP). This case began when a group of businesses and individuals (the Plaintiffs) claimed that global freight forwarding companies (the Defendants) conspired to fix the various rates and surcharges of their freight forwarding services to coincide with specific time periods, an act which violates antitrust laws. These same businesses (Plaintiffs) also claim the rate fix conspiracy includes transport routes between the US, UK, Hong Kong, China, Japan, and Taiwan. A list of the Settling Defendants who’ve agreed to the Freight Forwarders settlement are listed below:
- ABX Logistics Worldwide NV/SA;
- EGL, Inc. and EGL Eagle Global Logistics, LP (“EGL”);
- Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. (“Expeditors”);
- Kuehne + Nagel International AG and Kuehne + Nagel, Inc. (“Kuehne + Nagel”);
- Nishi-Nippon Railroad Co., Ltd. (“Nishi-Nippon”);
- Schenker, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, including Deutsche Bahn AG, Schenker AG, and Bax Global, Inc. (“Schenker”);
- Morrison Express Logistics Pte. (Singapore) and Morrison Express Corporation (U.S.A.) (“Morrison Express”);
- United Aircargo Consolidators, Inc.;
- UTi Worldwide, Inc.;
- Vantec Corporation and Vantec World Transport (USA), Inc. (“Vantec”);
- Toll Global Forwarding (USA), Inc., Baltrans Logistics, Inc., and Toll Holdings Ltd. (“Toll”);
- Panalpina World Transport (Holding) LTD and Panalpina, Inc. (“Panalpina”);
- Geodis S.A. and Geodis Wilson USA, INC. (“Geodis”);
- DSV A/S, DSV Solutions Holdings A/S, and DSV Air & Sea Ltd. f/n/a DFDS Transport (HK) Ltd. (“DSV”);
- Jet-Speed Logistics, Ltd, Jet-Speed Air Cargo Forwarders (USA) Inc., and Jet-Speed Logistics (USA), LLC (“Jet-Speed”); and
- SDV Logistique Internationale.
- Agility Holdings, Inc.; Agility Logistics Corp.; Geologistics Corp.; and Geologistics International Management (Bermuda) Limited (together, “Agility”);
- Dachser GmbH & Co., KG, doing business as Dachser Intelligent Logistics; and Dachser Transport of America, Inc. (together, “Dachser”);
- Deutsche Post AG; Danzas Corporation (doing business as DHL Global Forwarding); DHL Express (USA) Inc.; DHL Global Forwarding Japan K.K.; DHL Japan Inc.; Exel Global Logistics, Inc.; and Air Express International USA, Inc. (together, “DHL”) for the severed Japanese claims only;
- DSV A/S; DSV Solutions Holding A/S; and DSV Air & Sea Ltd. formerly known as DFDS Transport (HK) Ltd. (together, “DSV”);
- The “Japanese Defendants” included in one Settlement:
- Hankyu Hanshin Express Holding Corporation formerly known as Hankyu Express International Co., Ltd. and its subsidiary, Hankyu Hanshin Express Co., Ltd., and its U.S. subsidiary, Hanshin Air Cargo USA, Inc. (together, “Hankyu Hanshin”);
- Japan Aircargo Forwarders Association (“JAFA”);
- Kintetsu World Express, Inc. and its U.S. subsidiary, Kintetsu World Express (U.S.A.), Inc. (together, “Kintetsu”);
- “K” Line Logistics, Ltd., and its U.S. subsidiary “K” Line Logistics (U.S.A.), Inc. (together, ““K” Line”);
- MOL Logistics (Japan) Co., Ltd., and its U.S. subsidiary, MOL Logistics (USA) Inc. (together, “MOL Logistics”);
- Nippon Express Co., Ltd. and its U.S. subsidiary, Nippon Express USA, Inc. (together, “Nippon Express”);
- Nissin Corporation and its U.S. subsidiary, Nissin International Transport U.S.A., Inc. (together, “Nissin”);
- Yamato Global Logistics Japan Co., Ltd., and its U.S. affiliate, Yamato Transport U.S.A. Inc. (together, “Yamato”);
- Yusen Air & Sea Service Co., Ltd. and its U.S. subsidiary, Yusen Air & Sea Service (U.S.A.), Inc. (together, “Yusen”);
- Jet Speed Logistics, Ltd., also known as Jet Speed Air Cargo Forwarders (HK), Ltd.; Jet Speed Logistics (USA), LLC; and Jet-Speed Air Cargo Forwarders, Inc. (USA) (together, “Jet Speed”);
- United Parcel Service, Inc. and UPS Supply Chain Solutions, Inc. (together, “UPS”).
The full list of Defendants are listed here on this attachment.
Required Action Step:
Get Started by providing your details. Once you have executed our service agreement, CAC Recovery will help you gather the documentation we need to maximize your Freight Forwarders Settlement recovery and file your claim(s).
Why choose CAC Recovery’s Class Action Settlement Services:
CAC Recovery navigates the complex intricacies of the Freight Forwarders Settlement claims filing process so businesses and individuals can maximize the amount they receive as part of the class action settlement.
Our class action settlement services include:
- Identifying the class action claims for which your business may be eligible to file
- Filing the class action claims with their supporting documentation
- Interacting with the class action Claims Administrator for each settlement case
- Providing regular updates on class action claim settlements statuses
- Resolving claims questions from the Claims Administrator
- Reviewing the recovery amount to assure the correct compensation has been received
Our Guarantee: We Get Paid When You Recover – No hidden charges or up-front fees. Ever. We provide our class action settlements services based on a contingency fee.
Getting Started is easy! First, complete our ‘Get Started‘ form, and then a CAC representative will contact you, within 24 hours, to review your eligibility and walk you through the claims process.