Eligible Class Members:
The class consists of those who purchased, and/or paid for, in whole or in part, Flonase or generic Flonase for personal, family or household consumption, anywhere in the United States and its territories from May 19, 2004 through March 31, 2009.
The lawsuit relates to GSK’s prescription nasal spray Flonase, which is used to treat the nasal symptoms of allergies. The lawsuit claims that GSK violated state laws by delaying the availability of the generic equivalents of Flonase. The lawsuit is only about pricing and availability, not about the safety of Flonase or generic Flonase.
Specifically, the lawsuit claims that GSK filed “sham” citizen petitions with the FDA in order to delay the approval of generic versions of Flonase. Plaintiffs argue that this alleged conduct suppressed or eliminated competition that GSK would have faced from generic pharmaceutical manufacturers. Plaintiffs further claim that Class Members were injured by paying more for Flonase nasal spray than they would have paid otherwise and/or from being unable to purchase less expensive, generic versions of Flonase. As a result, Plaintiffs claim that Class Members were overcharged for Flonase nasal spray and its generic versions.
Definition of Purchase and/or Paid For:
You “purchased and/or paid for” Flonase or generic Flonase if you were:
1) An uninsured consumer who paid the entire cost of the prescription,
2) An insured consumer who made a co-payment or other partial out-of-pocket payment, or paid the entire cost because you had not met a deductible amount or had exceeded a benefit cap under your health plan or the cost was not otherwise covered under your health plan.
Required Action Step:
Upon execution of our service agreement, CAC Recovery will file your claims and assist you in gathering the specific documentation necessary to maximize your recovery.
CAC Recovery navigates the complex intricacies of the claims filing process to help businesses maximize their recoveries.
Our services include:
- Identifying claims businesses may be eligible to file
- Filing the claim with supporting documentation
- Interacting with the Claims Administrator
- Providing updates on claim status
- Resolving Claims Administrator questions on claims
- Reviewing the recovery to assure the correct amount has been received
Our Guarantee: We Get Paid When You Recover – No hidden charges or up-front fees. We provide our services based on a contingency fee.
Getting Started is easy! We’ll first have you fill out our ‘Get Started‘ form and a CAC representative will contact you within 24 hours to review your eligibility and walk you through the claims process.