*Deadline Passed, Now Filing Late Claims
Class Members Eligible for Canadian Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Settlements:
You are automatically a Class Member if you:
- Live in Canada now or you lived in Canada between January 1, 1999 and January 10, 2012; and
- Bought, in Canada, flexible polyurethane foam, eligible foam products or carpet underlay made in Canada for personal, commercial, or manufacturing use during the same time period.
Canadian Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Class Action Eligible Purchases
Flexible polyurethane foam refers to a type of foam used in furniture, mattresses, carpet underlay, and in many other contexts. A claim can be made for the purchase of flexible polyurethane foam made in Canada and for the purchase of the following eligible foam products, if made in Canada:
- Bed mattresses
- Upholstered office chairs
- Upholstered Armchairs
- Two-seat sofas
- Three-seat sofas
- Sectional sofas
- Carpet underlay
- Carpet pad
- Carpet cushion
Canadian Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Settlements Case History:
A class action lawsuit alleged that between January 1, 1999 and January 10, 2012 (the “Class Period”) some makers of flexible polyurethane foam in Canada conspired to fix its price. The Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendant Manufacturers agreed to fix the price at which they sold Flexible Polyurethane Foam resulting in inflated prices for Canadian consumers and entities who bought Flexible Polyurethane Foam or Foam Products. The class action lawsuit settled for over $38 million.
Canadian Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Class Action Settlement Defendants:
|Defendant Group:||Settlement Amount|
|Hickory Springs Manufacturing Company||$200,000.00|
|Future Foam and Bruce Schneider||$100,000.00|
|Flexible Foam Products, Inc.||$476,800.00|
|Leggett & Platt||$580,697.00|
|Mohawk Industries Inc.||$675,000.00|
|Carpenter Co., Carpenter Canada Co.||$23,000,000.00|
|Woodbridge Foam Corporation||$1,000,000.00|
|Vitafoam Products Canada Limited and Vitafoam, Incorporated||$3,250,000.00|
|Foamex Innovations, Inc., Foamex Innovations Canada, Inc., Vincenzo Bonaddio, Michael Calderoni and Donald Phillips||$2,450,000.00|
Our Class Action Settlement Services:
CAC Recovery navigates the complex intricacies of the Canadian Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Settlements claims filing process to help businesses maximize their settlement recoveries.
Our class action settlement services include:
- Identifying class action claims where businesses may be eligible to file
- Filing the class action claim with supporting documentation
- Interacting with the class action Claims Administrator
- Providing updates on class action claim settlements status
- Resolving Claims Administrator questions on claims
- Reviewing the recovery to assure the correct compensation claims amount has been received
Our Guarantee: We Get Paid When You Recover – No hidden charges or up-front fees. We provide our class action settlements services based on a contingency fee.
Getting Started is easy! If you represent a business we’ll first have you fill out our ‘Get Started‘ form and a CAC representative will contact you within 24 hours to review your eligibility and walk you through the claims process.